Hola, mi nombre es Iñigo Montoya. Tú mataste a mi padre. Prepárate a morir.
Hola!!
This week was definitely an eventful one. We're slowly doing more and more Spanish, so that's been fun but also very stressful. My companion and I did a breakout room activity earlier this week with our teacher's sister who only speaks Spanish. We had five minutes, and it was basically just a get to know you activity. It was in that moment that I realized I did not know as much Spanish as I thought. I felt like my mind went blank as soon as I was put in a situation where I was talking with someone new. I also discovered that my teachers have been really nice and usually speak decently slow for us when they speak in Spanish. When I was in the situation that I mentioned earlier, I could not understand anything she was saying because she was talking super fast! I know that this will only come with time and that the gift of tongues will help me as I continue to learn Spanish.
So, a little context for the subject like is that our teacher's name is Hermano Montoya. One of the other sisters in my district asked if he had seen the princess bride because he had the same last name as one of the characters. He said he'd never seen it, so he watched the clip where he says the classic line I wrote as the title. He said the movie looked "interesting," and we told him he really needed to watch it. We'll see on Monday if he actually watched it or not. Such a classic.
On Tuesday I go to Mexico!! These past two weeks went by so fast! It's been really fun being with my family during online mtc. It's a nice transition into starting my life as a missionary.
Last night, during our last zoom class, one of the sisters in my district played "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" on her harp. She had been having wifi issues the whole class, and everything she spoke it would cut out. Even before she started playing, it was still cutting out when she was talking. Throughout the whole time she was playing, it didn't cut out once. It was so peaceful hearing her play, and it really touched me. The spirit was so strong, and I started crying listening to her play. I love the spirit that I feel through music. I always feel the peace of the spirit when I listen to beautiful music like that. I'm so grateful for that experience and Hermana Larsen's talent in performing that beautiful song. I encourage you to listen to this song. Here's the link to the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square singing this song. 🤍
I hope you all have the best week!
♡ Hermana Sharon
Pictures!!
- We celebrated Dad's birthday last Sunday, and we got him the game he grew up with.
- For class we were learning different clothes in Spanish, so we got to dress up in a bunch of different clothes and things got pretty interesting haha.
- We took a walk as a family tonight, and the sky was super pretty! And so is Emmy 😊
- Saying goodbye to Hailey 😢
Comments
Post a Comment