Hermanas With Mustaches

¡Hola a todos!


Remember how last week I said I was super sad about leaving my district? Well now I'm even more sad. :( I fly to New Jersey this upcoming Monday! It's so crazy! I am excited to get back into the states, however. Anytime we drive out into the city to go to the temple, I am reminded how crazy Mexico City is. Everywhere we drive is extremely stressful because it looks like we're going to get into a crash 24/7. 

This week was super good, filled with lots of spiritual highlights and fun moments. 

FUN MOMENTS!!!
- Hermana Simmons brought some mustaches to the MTC, so the Hermanas decided to show up to our gym time wearing them to surprise the Elders. We couldn't stay serious, but we barely did long enough to take a photo. (Attached below) By the way, we still play volleyball everyday, so that's super fun. I'm definitely going to miss that in the mission field. We've gotten pretty good.
- In Hermana Sanchez's class, we all sent her photos of us when we were kids and compared them to photos of us now. It was so fun to see everyone in our district as cute little kids. Then, Hermana Sanchez made a slideshow for us with a bunch of pictures we sent her. It was super sweet, and really fun to watch. I absolutely love having Hermana Sanchez as a teacher. She is the sweetest ever. She really brings the Spirit into her lessons, and pushes us to continue to learn so much. 
- There's a painting in our classroom of Mormon and Moroni that we think is hilarious. It's just kind of an interesting painting, so we decided to recreate it. I start to laugh anytime I look at the picture. (Attached below) 

SPIRITUAL MOMENTS!!!
- We went to the temple again today! It was super cool to get to go again, and I'm kind of sad I won't be at the Mexico City temple again possibly ever again. It's such a pretty temple, and it's so big too. Sadly, Elder Johnson and Elder Virak weren't able to make it because they had to figure out some visa stuff in the city. We had a little more time this trip to the temple, so we were able to go to the Visitor's center. It's pretty big and has a super cool statue of Christ that faces the street. It has a bunch of windows in front of it too, so you can see it super well from the street. 
- We had two devotionals this week! The first one was with Kelend Mills, the Missionary Department's administrative director of MTCs. He's basically over all the MTCs in the world, and he's also serving as a Stake President. He gave a really good devotional about the covenant path and temples. He talked a lot about beginning with the end in mind. The second devotional was with Elder Marcus B Nash. He's in the Quorum of the Seventy, and he's in charge of the missionary department. He also gave a really good devotional highlighting how we can experience miracles. He read from Mormon 9:18-21, and talked about the ways people couldn't receive miracles in verse 20. The three points he highlighted were: 1) Choose to believe in God, 2) Continue on the right path toward God, and 3) Get to know God and trust in Him. I love what he said even if he did go an hour over his allotted time haha. 

Anyways, my next email will be from New Jersey, and that's absolutely crazy. I've loved my time here at the CCM and all the people I've met here. I'm also super excited to get out into the mission field! Wish me luck for next week!

Love you all!
<3 Hermana Sharon

Photos!!
- Us at the temple!
- Hermana Simmons and I <3
- The temple visitors center
- Yours truly at the Mexico City temple :)
- Our district with the cutest Hermana Sanchez! 
- Our beautiful recreation of the painting on the wall
- Hermanas with mustaches!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*Insert Super Fun and Exciting Email Title*

My First Mission Email!!!!!