My First Mission Email!!!!!
Hola!!!!!
This week was SO AMAZING!! I started online mtc on Monday and let me tell you, I am so not used to getting up at 6:00 am. The first couple of days, I was super tired, but it's starting to get better haha. Everyone who I've met and told me about how tired they were in the MTC weren't wrong when they told me I would hit the pillow and pass out every night.
Anyways, let me tell you about my district!! 10B is the best district, and you can't change my mind. Everyone in my district had such amazing testimonies, and I feel so blessed to be a part of such an awesome district. We manage to learn so much about the gospel while also messing around every once in a while haha. I can't wait to be with them in person at the CCM! Mi compañera es el mejor! Hermana Simmons has such a sweet testimony, and I love getting to know her and her love for the gospel.
My days are pretty packed with morning class, companion study, exercise, language study, afternoon class, and personal study. Basically, I'm doing something from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm. And most of it is sitting in front of a computer screen. But I can't tell you how much I love it at the same time. I'm still ending the day smiling even though I should be totally wiped out. It's so cool to be surrounded by the spirit in everything I do all day.
My Spanish is improving a little bit day by day! It's a lot easier for me to pronounce the words now, and I'm getting better and knowing what a word in Spanish should sound like without having to sound it out. I've noticed that my memory is seriously improving, too. I'll learn a specific phrase in Spanish in class, and then I can remember it the next day! This is kind of big for me because if you know me, I'm honestly kind of awful at remembering things haha. This is something that I've noticed since I got set apart as a missionary, and it's amazing!!
In my morning class, we read the first part of 1 Nephi Chapter 1 in Spanish and English. In verse 3, it starts with "And I know that the record which I make is true". Here, Nephi gives the first testimony in the Book of Mormon; The Book of Mormon is true. It's a simple yet powerful testimony. I love the Book of Mormon and the teaching in it. Its words will bring you so much comfort and peace. I know this to be true because I have experienced its power in my life.
I love you guys so much!!!
♡ Hermana Sharon
Pictures!!!!!
I don't know what order they will send in, so I'll just write some descriptions and hopefully you can figure it out.
- Thank you family for coming to my farewell!
- Most of my daily "workouts" consist of going on walks with my mom around our neighborhood haha
- The day I got set apart 🤍
- I take any five minute opportunity to catch a quick nap. Even if it is accidentally during language study. 😅
- Prep day at a corn maze in Washington!
- Temple trip with my parents today
- Kermit army unite!!!
- We're all super excited to be missionaries can you tell??
- Mi distrito diez B!!
Comments
Post a Comment