*Insert Super Fun and Exciting Email Title*

 HOLAAA!!


Time is flying by so fast in the CCM!! I feel like I just got here, and now I only have one week left. WHAT??? It's going to be super tough to leave my district. We've all gotten so close over the past weeks. 

My companion and I taught two lessons! I was super stressed about both of them, but they both went really well! The first one was during our afternoon class, and we taught Hermana Sanchez's friend Eunice. She was so nice, and helped out so much! We taught her about the Restoration of the Gospel. It was so cool to see our Spanish improving even just in that moment! The second lesson was an online lesson with someone who is either a member of our church or not. Either way, they have to act like they don't know much about our church. We taught a woman about the Book of Mormon because she had some questions about it, and wanted to know more. It was super good talking to her, and we did a lot better than we thought we would. 

Some other highlights of this week:
- We've been playing volleyball as a district almost everyday for gym time, and I LOVE IT. It's literally so fun. We have so much fun together, and most of the time I end up falling to the ground because I'm laughing so hard. Even throughout the day, there are many moments where I either cannot breathe or am crying because I'm laughing. I got super lucky with my district. They're all AMAZING! 
- We watched a live broadcast from the Provo MTC where an apostle spoke! We were all trying to guess who it was going to be, and it ended up being Elder Bednar! We all thought it was hilarious because we've seen two previously recorded devotionals from him before during MTC, and we've watched other videos of him in our classes. We love it though because he's amazing. He said some really cool things. One of the things he highlighted was that the apostles aren't just old men who sit in their offices all day. From August 2022 to November 2022, the twelve Apostles have visited 51 countries. That's crazy!! They are constantly traveling, and visiting other countries. I think it's so awesome that we have leaders that keep up with the world, and are going out and serving so often!
- Someone from another district in our zone drew Elder Green on our whiteboard, so the other Hermanas and I decided to draw the rest of the Elders on the board. We surprised them when they left for dinner, so they saw it when we all came back. It was super funny. Then the Elders added us and our teachers as well. I'll add a picture at the end.
- The weather is super nice here in Mexico City. Sometimes in the mornings it'll be a little chilly, but it warms up quite a bit during the day. I say it's chilly, but it's really like 50 degrees haha. Sorry for those of you suffering through actually cold weather. It's going to be a rude awakening when I get to New Jersey, but at least I can wear my coat on the plane and have more room in my suitcase!
- My companion was feeling sick again this past week on and off. We went to the infirmary again after she threw up, and they had her sleep while I was a trio with the other two Hermanas in my district. She felt a little better after sleeping for a while, but she's still recovering. She's feeling a little bit better everyday though, so I hope she's reaching the end of her sickness. We have no idea where she got sick, but I can guess it's probably the food. Everyone who works for the CCM refuses to tell us it's the food, but I feel like they're lying to us. They just keep telling us to wash our hands like we've never done it before. :|
- My Spanish is getting better everyday! I notice myself able to speak faster and more fluently, and my vocabulary is growing as well. It's not all sunshine and rainbows, however. There have been many moments where I am super stressed thinking about how in a little more than a week, I am going to be sitting in front of native Spanish-speakers, having to understand what they're saying. I have found a lot of comfort in the scriptures and in my prayers, as I pray to have the Spirit with me as I learn more and more Spanish. I know that the Lord will help me if I ask for His help. He will not leave us stranded! He understands our struggles, and He is there waiting for us to ask Him for His help. I encourage you to recognize His hand in your life. You may not see it at first, but He is always with us!

I hope you all have the best week! Love you all!

<3 Hermana Sharon


Pictures!!
- Hermanas of District 10B!
- Coolest district ever!!
¡Mi compañera y yo!
- District otra vez!
- Service project
- Me absolutely killing it at volleyball
- Some more photos of my district haha
- Popsicles after Hermana Simmons was feeling sick again
- Our beautiful drawing :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hermanas With Mustaches

My First Mission Email!!!!!