Qué en el mundo?!
Hola hola hola!
¡Estoy en México! I'm sorry in advance because this is going to be a long email. They didn't give a p-day last week, and literally so much happened.
First of all, the Tuesday I left felt SO LONG. I woke up pretty early for my flight and then there was leaving my family. That was pretty rough and many tears were shed. :( Then I had two flights until I was in Mexico. I had a layover in Salt Lake before I went to Mexico, and I'm gonna be honest, I thought sure maybe there'll be like 15 missionaries. WRONG. Half of our decently large plane was missionaries. It was super awesome and also super overwhelming. Also, I was expecting to get to the CCM and get a nice dinner and then straight to bed. WRONG AGAIN. They totally had us hit the ground running with registration, materials, phone setup, devotional, meeting our district, and somehow fitting unpacking in there as well. Kinda crazy if you ask me, although the whole CCM es un poco loco.
Here's some short summaries of eventful times at the CCM to make it a little easier to read this email:
- The food here is hit or miss. I miss my mom's home cooking, but I also can't complain because they treat us pretty well. Although sometimes they try to make us American food and it's definitely interesting. PSA: Don't eat the hamburgers!!
- I love my district even more in person! Everyone is super nice and we have a good time together.
- The first week there were always loud noises we heard from the city that sounded like literal bombs. We thought the city was under attack. Then someone was kind enough to actually tell us the truth and tell us they were fireworks. Thank you Hermana Sanchez.
- On that topic, we were in Mexico during Dia de los Muertos! That didn't really mean a whole lot in the CCM except that they told us that we were going to watch Coco the night of November 1st. They lied to literally everyone in the CCM including all the district leaders. They hyped it up so much. Then during the devotional they started playing what looked like Coco at first, but it was just the trailer. :( We got so excited for nothing.
- All the sisters got sick last week except for me. Since my companion was sick, I spent a whole day in my room. It felt super weird because here it's basically go go go all the time. Thankfully, they all got better pretty quickly, so that was a blessing.
- My Spanish is getting better. It's super fun to sit with the Latinos during meal time because they love to teach us Spanish. Sometimes it's a little rough because I can't say what I want, but they're really helpful. All of us in our district are doing an English fast tomorrow so I'll let you know how that goes.
- We went to the Mexico City temple today!! It's so gorgeous! We did a sealing session and then an endowment session right after. It felt so nice to have a break from classes and just feel the peace of the Spirit. Plus both of them were in Spanish obviously, and I could actually understand it pretty well! It was such a cool experience.
If you made it to the end, congrats! You're amazing!! I just wanted to end with my testimony that the gospel is true. I have had so many spiritual experiences here I can't even count. One of them was last week. We were all teaching lessons to our teacher with our companions, and the Spirit was so strong in that moment. I could feel the literal presence of the Spirit in the room. I've never had an experience like that before. Also the devotionals that we have are AMAZING! I can feel the love of the Savior so much during them, and everytime I get confirmation that I am teaching the truth. I love being a missionary so much!!
I hope you all have the best week ever!! Spend some time in the scriptures and you will not be dissapointed!! I love you all so much!
<3 Hermana Sharon
Comments
Post a Comment